The Origin of The Holy Quran

The Origin of The Holy Quran

Postby raman_82 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:36 am

The Holy Quran; Exploring Scriptural Origin & Today's Authenticity;

I would like to introduce a (3)Three Part Series of a recent publication i have published on my blog Quantum Energy Process that contains over 80 original publication posts to date.

The Three part series published introduces and attempts to outline the origin of the holy quran and the holy scriptures validity according to the timeline of when the words where first spoken to our beloved prophet Muhammad and the final word of god descended on man kind. Exploring the historic events surrounding the scripture and the consideration of opposing events & people that may have influenced or had a potential impact on the accuracy of the delivery of today's word of god that is being presented and taught by the holy quran today in comparison with the original material that descended upon our prophet Muhammad at his time of communicating the last known word of god to man kind.

Have you ever wondered what could have been lost in translation or never bestowed upon man? As we attempt to trace the roots and origins of the holy quran and attempt to validate today's message to man kind and the probable difference upon its initial message and authenticity of its orgine in our historic records.

The first part of three part has been included here on islam.com if you wish to view the (2) Two remaining parts published view it on my blog Quantum Energy Process by clicking the following link of the blog homepage to view the links for Part 2 or Part 3.

Quantum energy process blog link;

http://quantumenergyprocess.wordpress.com/

Do You Have The Original Quran Part 1 of 3;

There exists within the Islamic community a major deception which has been circulating among st the public in regard to the Muslim Scripture, AL-Qur’an.

The deception relates to the supposed textual preservation of the Qur’anic text, and the notion that the Qur’an remains virtually intact, without additions or deletions, without any variant readings which would call into question the integrity of the Muslim text.

There are quite a lot of issues with the Present Islamic Holy Book. I plan to address it in a series of Blogs as a single Blog would not do justice to each point. Moreover, in case of a discussion, we need not digress.

Let’s examine the REAL TRUTH of the transmission of the QUR’AN

The majority of our references will be taken directly from Islamic scholars and writings, in order to avoid the Muslim accusations of non-Islamic scholarly bias. Such accusations are often promoted in an attempt to sidetrack the obvious implications on Muslim claims. And even when we do quote non-Muslim authorities the citations from such authors either cite or include references to Islamic scholars and works.

1. Is your current QUR’AN the same as was revealed to Muhammad ?

The first issue that needs to be addressed is the claim that a complete Qur’anic Codex existed during the time of Muhammad. Answer is NO. This claim finds no support, since the first complete text was compiled during the Caliphate of Abu Bakr, after Muhammad’s death:

Let us understand the story which initiated the compilation of Qur’an

==================================

Version of Zaid bin Thabit Al-Ansari

==================================

who was one of those who used to write the Divine Revelation: Abu Bakr sent for me after the (heavy) casualties among the warriors (of the battle) of Yamama (where a great number of Qurra’ were killed). ’Umar was present with Abu Bakr who said, ‘Umar has come to me and said, The people have suffered heavy casualties on the day of (the battle of) Yamama, and I am afraid that there will be more casualties among the Qurra’ (those who know the Qur’an by heart) at other battle-fields, whereby a large part of the Qur’an MAY BE LOST, unless you collect it. And I am of the opinion that you should collect the Qur’an.” Abu Bakr added, “I said to ‘Umar, ‘How can I do something WHICH ALLAH’S APOSTLE HAS NOT DONE?’‘Umar said (to me), ‘By Allah, it is (really) a good thing.’ So ‘Umar kept on pressing, trying to persuade me to accept his proposal, till Allah opened my bosom for it and I had the same opinion as ‘Umar.” (Zaid bin Thabit added:) Umar was sitting with him (Abu Bakr) and was not speaking me. “You are a wise young man and we do not suspect you (of telling lies or of forgetfulness): and you used to write the Divine Inspiration for Allah’s Apostle. Therefore, look for the Qur’an and collect it (in one manuscript).” By Allah, if he (Abu Bakr) had ordered me to shift one of the mountains (from its place) it would not have been harder for me than what he had ordered me concerning the collection of the Qur’an. I said to both of them, “How dare you do a thing WHICH THE PROPHET HAS NOT DONE?” Abu Bakr said, “By Allah, it is (really) a good thing. So I kept on arguing with him about it till Allah opened my bosom for that which He had opened the bosoms of Abu Bakr and Umar. So I started locating Qur’anic material and collecting it from parchments, scapula, leaf-stalks of date palms and from the memories of men (who knew it by heart). I found with Khuzaima two Verses of Surat-at-Tauba WHICH I HAD NOT FOUND WITH ANYONE ELSE, (and they were):–

“Verily there has come to you an Apostle (Muhammad) from amongst yourselves. It grieves him that you should receive any injury or difficulty He (Muhammad) is ardently anxious over you (to be rightly guided)” (9.128)

The manuscript on which the Qur’an was collected, remained with Abu Bakr till Allah took him unto Him, and then with ‘Umar till Allah took him unto Him, and finally it remained with Hafsa, Umar’s daughter. (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 6, Book 60, Number 201)

The number of memorizes that died was 450:

“During the battle of Yamama, 450 reciters of the Qur’an were killed.” (The True Guidance - An Introduction To Qur’anic Studies, published by Light of Life, P.O. BOX 13, A-9503 Villach, Austria, part 4, p. 47– citing Ibn Kathir’sAl-Bidaya wa al-Nihaya, chapter on Battle of Yamama)

According to another source, when these men died they took with them portions of the Qur’an that they alone had memorized:

Zuhri reports, ‘We have heard that many Qur’an passages were revealed but that those who had memorised them fell in the Yemama fighting. Those passages had not been written down, and following the deaths of those who knew them, were no longer known; nor had Abu Bakr, nor `Umar nor `Uthman as yet collected the texts of the Qur’an. (Burton: The published text ought here to be amended: for “fa lamma jama`a Abu Bakr”, I propose to read: “wa lamma yajma` Abu Bakr”, to follow: “lam yuktab”.)Those lost passages were not to be found with anyone after the deaths of those who had memorised them. This, I understand, was one of the considerations which impelled them to pursue the Qur’an during the reign of Abu Bakr, committing it to sheets for fear that there should perish in further theatres of war men who bore much of the Qur’an which they would take to the grave with them on their fall, and which, with their passing, would not be found with any other. (John Burton, The Collection of the Qur’an, pp. 126-127, Abu Bakr `Abdullah b. abi Da’ud, Kitab al-Masahif’, ed. A. Jeffery, Cairo, 1936/1355, p. 23; bold emphasis ours)

From these sources we realize that:

1. No text had been compiled during Muhammad’s time. This is further solidified by the following traditions:

[Zaid b. Thabit said:] “The Prophet died and the Qur’an had not been assembled into a single place.” (Ahmad b. Ali b. Muhammad al ’Asqalani, ibn Hajar, Fath al Bari [13 vol., Cairo 1939], vol. 9, p. 9; italic emphasis ours)

It is reported… from Ali who said: “May the mercy of Allah be upon Abu Bakr, the foremost of men to be rewarded with the collection of the manuscripts, for he was THE FIRST to collect (the text) between (two) covers”. (John Gilchrist, Jam’ Al-Qur’an – The Codification of the Qur’an Text A Comprehensive Study of the Original Collection of the Qur’an Text and the Early Surviving Qur’an Manuscripts, [MERCSA, P.O. Box 342 Mondeor, 2110 Republic of South Africa, 1989], Chapter 1. The Initial Collection of the Qur’an Text, p. 27 – citing Ibn Abi Dawud, Kitab al-Masahif, p. 5; bold emphasis ours)

2. A great majority of the Qur’anic reciters had been killed at al-Yamama, forever taking with them portions of the Qur’an that only they knew.

3. Zaid Bin Thabit collected the Qur’an from palm leaves, stones and from the memories of men.

=================================

Masruq, Anas and Ibn Masud’s Version of the Story

=================================

Zaid was not the only person who had compiled the Qur’an in book form. Others such as Ubayy Bin Kab and Abdallah ibn Masud also compiled Qur’ans of their very own. In fact, both Ubayy and Ibn Masud had been singled out by Muhammad himself as two of the top four Qur’anic reciters:

Masruq reported: We used to go to Abdullah Bin Amr and talk to him. Ibn Numair said: One day we made a mention of Abdullah Bin Masud, whereupon he said: you have made mention of a person whom I love more than anything else. I heard Allah’s Messenger as saying: Learn Qur’an from four persons: Ibn Umm Abd (i.e., Abdullah Bin Masud – he started from him - then Muadh bin Jabal and Ubayy bin Kab, then Salim the ally of Ali Hudhaifa. (Sahih Muslim, Book 031, Number 6024)

[u]Incomplete END PART 1[/u]

Due to number of characters amount restrictions on this forum i was unable to post the complete part of part 1 although you may view the complete publication of part 1 along with part 2 & 3 on my blog with the link provided above.

To view Part 2 & Part 3 please visit my blog with the link mentioned above also please post your comments and suggestions for discussions relating to your opinion of the material presented here.
raman_82

Re: The Origin of The Holy Quran

Postby abdul_wasay » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:42 pm

Salam,

Yes it is same. Only symbols were the additions to help non-arabs read Qura'n.

Your thread contains no reference to the question: was it actually authenticated? Did Prophet (pbuh) used to correct and listen to their recitation? And the answer is yes.

In fact there were scribes who used to write at time of Prophet (pbuh) as you admit yourself about writing on different objects.

So your argument itself is invalid and is missing details, if it is to prove that Qur'an is not in exactly the same manner as it is today.

About Zaid (ra) himself: After Muhammad's (pbuh) death ,Zayd (ra) who became a Quran expert, was assigned the role of "authenticating" and collecting (which is two-way process, and apparently you missed the first) the oral and textual Quranic revelation into a single bounded volume

And in Hazrat Umar (ra) era: said: "O people, whoever wants to ask about the Quran, let him go to Zayd ibn Thabit (ra)."

He was the leading authority in Qur'an.

( سورة النساء , An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #82)

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) would discourage this sin if it were a sin to collect or authenticate Qur'an, but he knew his companions more than you and me. It was allowed for the scribes like him to write the Qur'an because besides being just companions they were true and honest Muslims, and Allah is the best witness of you, me and them. And we would of course find contradictions in the scripture, but Allamdulillah there are no contradictions, so it just proves me further right.

If his scribes were to put any addition/substraction to any verse themselves, then they are surely amongst the losers:

We read in Alfiyyat us-Sîrat in-Nabawiyyah by al-Hâfidh al-‘Iraqî that:

The scribes of Muhammad were 42 in number. `Abdallah Ibn Sarh al-`Amiri was one of them, and he was the first Quraishite among those who wrote in Mecca before he turned away from Islam. He started saying, “I used to direct Muhammad wherever I willed. He would dictate to me 'Most High, All-Wise', and I would write down 'All-Wise' only. Then he would say, 'Yes it is all the same'. On a certain occasion he said, 'Write such and such', but I wrote 'Write' only, and he said, 'Write whatever you like.’” So when this scribe exposed Muhammad, he wrote in the Qur'an, "And who does greater evil than he who forges against God a lie, or says, 'To me it has been revealed', when naught has been revealed to him." So on the day Muhammad conquered Mecca, he commanded his scribe to be killed. But the scribe fled to `Uthman Ibn `Affan, because `Uthman was his foster brother (his mother suckled `Uthman). `Uthman, therefore, kept him away from Muhammad. After the people calmed down, `Uthman brought the scribe to Muhammad and sought protection for him. Muhammad kept silent for a long time, after which he said yes. When `Uthman had left, Muhammad said “I only kept silent so that you (the people) should kill him.

And the punishment of such people who put their own words in the verses?

And if he had invented false sayings concerning Us, We assuredly had taken him by the right hand And then severed his life-artery, S. 69:40-46 Pickthall

Jazakalla Khair

( سورة الأنفال , Al-Anfal, Chapter #8, Verse #8)
abdul_wasay

Return to Literature & Poetry